- April 22, 2020
- Posted by: Rent A Space
- Category: news
Are you working from home during lockdown? Just like you, Rent A Space is still open for business. As a storage business, we’re exempt from the restrictions that have caused many other businesses to close. This is good news for those of you who are limited to your homes during quarantine as it means we can help you have the home you require under the current circumstances.
Working from home during lockdown can put a lot of strain on home life and cause tensions between family members. This is because, among other problems, homes are not offices. Most houses won’t have a special study available. As a result, your work life can often end up spilling into communal living spaces such as the kitchen, the dining room table, the living room or even the garden. While this might not upset you (you need to be comfortable, after all!) it can trigger arguments and lead to disgruntlement for others. Harmony is what we need right now.
And what if more than one family member is working at the same time? The result can be a frenzy of clutter if there is minimal space available.
What’s the solution?
Store your household overspill with us, leaving you more space to do your work and have enough room for other activities like home schooling, exercise and hobbies.
Rent A Space is still receiving enquiries and able to move people in safely. Here are a few of the precautions we have been taking to keep our customers and staff safe.
- We’re cleaning the facility daily with special attention to handles, keypads and any surfaces you’re likely to touch more often.
- We’re adhering to all social distancing measures, keeping 2m apart at all times.
- You need not ever come into contact with a staff member. All communication takes place online or over the phone and you’ll be assigned your keycode giving you full access to your storage unit.
What you can do to reduce risk of infection or infecting others:
- Keep to the 2m distance rule in the unlikely event you cross paths with a staff member or another customer.
- Wear gloves and a mask if it makes you feel more comfortable.
- Use hand sanitiser when you’ve touched a surface or wash your hands.
- If you feel ill in any way – cold, runny nose, headache, fever, new cough, loss of sense of smell or taste or anything unusual, no matter how mild, we urge you to stay away from the storage facility and follow government guidelines on self-isolating.
As long as we’re all sticking to the rules, there’s no reason not to move your surplus belongings into Rent A Space so you can live and work peacefully at home.
Give us a call if the clutter is driving your family mad and you want some storage: 01743 491490